Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 10: The Shred

It seems mildly ironic that the day after my post about how easy it was and how it's only 20 minutes, I nearly avoid my workout. I should have done it this morning, but I was tired and didn't feel like getting out of bed. I was with the bf and his family all day for Mother's Day activities, which were lots of fun. I got home around 9:20 or so, and kept coming up with excuses as to why I should skip it tonight. I was tired, my stomach/chest was a little tight, I had on a tank top with no sunscreen this afternoon at an impromptu trip to Sea World and consequently am sporting a rather nice shade of red on my back, shoulders and part of my arms, I've been doing it for 9 days straight and deserve one day of rest...

Yeah. I started it. And nearly quit two or three times in the first circuit. To be honest, knowing that I would have to confess it here is partly what made me do it. Plus, I didn't want to have to eat my words from yesterday's post, after all, it's only 20 minutes. Once I make it through to the abs on the first circuit I'm pretty good to go. The strength moves on that first circuit are my least favorite, but once I get through them I fly through the rest of the workout. The third circuit is my favorite...I'm a particular fan of chest flies.

10 days and counting. I'm so going to make it to 30. I think I'll try Level 2 tomorrow. After all, it's still only 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment