Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 9: The Shred - Only 20

Nearly 10 days into this thing. I think I finally figured out tonight why this particular workout creates consistency. I had planned to do the workout this afternoon/evening since I did one last night and REALLY didn't not want to get up early. (I swear, my sleep schedule and body clock are STILL out of whack after the stupid time change) I ended up down at the bf's for dinner with his parents and grandmother and then we hung out and I didn't get home till just after 9 pm. I thought about not doing the workout. But it's ONLY 20 minutes. I mean really. How lame would I be if I skipped such a short thing because I was lazy or didn't feel like it? A long walk or a trip to the gym takes effort and significant time. This involves pushing play on the tv and spending 20 minutes a day to tone my muscles and get my body into shape. Twenty minutes. So easy.

So in my debate whether or not to do my workout, I managed to pinpoint why this one has such staying power. It's ONLY 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes I won't spend online or something equally unnecessary. On top of that, I feel better and I can feel my body slowly but surely toning itself. I made it through all but about 10 seconds of push-ups tonight. How cool is that? I'm getting better and I'm getting stronger. If I wasn't seeing any results or was so sore I couldn't move, I probably wouldn't think twice about not doing it once in a while...or ever. But I'm not. I'm seeing results and I feel great, and it's ONLY 20 minutes. How much easier could it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment