Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 8: The Shred - First Week Review

I successfully completed the first week of my 30 Day Shred and I'm feeling great! I've switched to doing my workouts in the afternoon the past couple days because it's been getting progressively more difficult to get up early in the morning to do them. I may switch back to mornings, but so far the afternoons have been working for me.

I'm amazed at my consistency with this workout. While in the past I may have had good intentions, I'm not always so great at being consistent with getting in shape (hence the reason I am so out of shape) There is just something about this workout that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's because it's only 20 minutes out of my entire day. Maybe it's because it's getting easier each time I do it. Maybe it's because I'm feeling my body tighten and tone in all the right places...and I started feeling results the first day. I won't complain, it's such a relief to have finally found something with staying power.

My muscles are getting used to the work and are no longer sore or tight like they were the first couple days. I get through all but two of the exercises...one being push ups which sometimes I can make, the other is the squats with the arms over my head holding 3 pound weights. I'm getting futher and further each time though. My body is adapting, just like she said it would! I'm thinking that by day 10 or so I'll be ready to take on Level 2. I'm sure that will be tough and then I'll adapt to it like I have this one. I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment